Learn how to make an easy and delicious Instant Pot buckwheat recipe with mushrooms, onions and garlic for added flavor. It’s great as a main vegetarian or vegan dish, or it can be served as a side. Plus, it’s gluten-free and budget-friendly, so make sure to add it to your buckwheat recipes to try!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked buckwheat groats
- 1+1/2 cups vegetable stock (we used Vegeta stock powder and water)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions for garnish
- Press the Saute on Normal mode and allow the pot to heat up, Add the olive oil and onions and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper and cook for another 3-4 minutes, stirring a few times. Then press Cancel to stop the Saute.
- Add the buckwheat and vegetable stock and stir through, scraping the bottom of the pot.
- Secure and lock the lid. Set to Pressure cook for 5 minutes on HIGH with 5 minutes natural release. Then use the quick release and open the lid.
- Fluff and stir the buckwheat with a spatula and garnish with plenty of green onions.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 505.7 mg
- Fat: 8.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Buckwheat Recipes, Vegan Recipes, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Mushrooms