This delicious Instant Pot beet risotto is bursting with flavours and has the most beautiful colour that will impress your family or dinner guests.
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon butter (15 g )
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1+1/2 cups arborio rice (do not wash!)
- 300 g / 0.5 lb beets (1 large or 2 small beets), peeled and diced into small cubes
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3–4 sprigs of fresh thyme (leaves only, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves)
- 3 + 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 40 g / 1.5 oz Parmesan cheese, finely grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 60 g / 2 oz of soft goat’s cheese such as chèvre, broken into small pieces
- A few extra sprigs of thyme
- Turn on the Instant Pot and press the Sauté function key. Add the onions, butter and salt and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring a few times, until softened.
- Add the rice, diced beets, garlic, lemon zest and thyme leaves and stir through. Then add the vegetable stock and stir, making sure to scrape down any rice kernels from the walls of the pot.
- Place and lock the lid, making sure the steam release handle is pointing to Sealing. Press the Manual function key, making sure the IP is set to High Pressure, and adjust the timing for 5 minutes. After three beeps the Instant Pot will begin to build up the pressure and start cooking. Once the cooking finishes, release the pressure naturally for 5 minutes before using quick release to let off the rest of the steam.
- Open the lid and stir in the Parmesan cheese, a little extra butter, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Serve with crumbled goat’s cheese and extra sprigs of thyme on top.
Keywords: Beetroots, Risotto, Italian