Super easy BBQ Instant Pot chicken Tacos with pineapple salsa are zesty, spicy, sweet, and festive. Chicken is shredded and smothered in your favourite barbecue sauce.
2 large chicken breasts
1 cup bbq sauce
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
4 large flour tortillas
1 cup diced fresh pineapple
1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
1/4 cup minced white onion
1/4 cup torn cilantro leaves
1/4 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- Whisk together water, bbq sauce, salt and pepper in pressure cooker then add whole chicken breasts.
- Lock lid and set to high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes then release all remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred using two forks.
- Turn pressure cooker onto sauté setting and add cornstarch mixture, whisking until sauce thickens.
- Add chicken back to pressure cooker and heat through.
- To make slaw, toss together all ingredients.
- To assemble tacos, pile bbq chicken onto a tortilla then top with pineapple slaw. Repeat with remaining chicken and slaw.
For a slightly healthier version, use a sugar-free or reduced-sugar BBQ sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 tortilla
- Calories: 395
- Sugar: 28.8 g
- Sodium: 1654.4 mg
- Fat: 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.2 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 38.7 g
- Cholesterol: 118.9 mg