With just two ingredints – water and the vegetable – this spaghetti squash Instant Pot recipe is as easy as the come. Serve the cooked squash with your favourite pasta or use as a side.
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and pepper for seasoning (optional)
1. Cut the spaghetti squash in half down the middle – crosswise, not lengthwise! This will help you remove the strands so that they resemble spaghetti better later.
2. Remove the seeds and stringy squash from the middle of the squash.
3. Use a steamer basket or the trivet that comes with your Instant Pot, and insert into the Instant Pot.
4. Fill the Instant Pot with the cup of water. Place the squash halves into the pot.
6. Place the lid on the pressure cooker and set the Instant Pot to ‘HIGH’ on manual for 7 minutes. The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to build up the pressure and this is considered cooking time as well.
7. When the pressure cooker is finished doing its thing, release the pressure manually (quick release) to prevent further cooking a.k.a. mushy squash!
8. Let the squash cool enough to safely handle, then “shred” with a fork to serve.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 7.8 g
- Sodium: 55.8 mg
- Fat: 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg