Here is a basic recipe for gluten-free Instant Pot pasta using penne. Please read the notes in post above for other tips and tricks.
0.5 lb / 250 g gluten-free penne
1 teaspoon salt
3–3.5 cups / 750-800 ml water
Optiona: 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- Add the penne pasta to the inner pot together with water, salt and a splash of oil. Stir really well.
- Put the lid on top and lock. Set the Instant Pot to Manual/Pressure Cook at HIGH pressure.
- Adjust the time to 1 minute (see notes above for other types). Make sure the top valve is pointing to Sealing.
- Instant Pot will take 5-7 minutes to build up the pressure, the timer will start.
- Once the timer stops, natural release (or resting) timer will begin. Allow 10 minutes for natural release. During this time the pasta will continue to cook but this rest will allow the foam to settle. This will give you al dente pasta. For a softer result, you can let it sit for 2-3 more minutes.
- After 10 minutes, use the Quick Release to let off the rest of the pressure. Open the lid, stir the pasta and strain. It’s a good idea to reserve 1/4 cup of the starchy cooking liquid to add to your pasta sauce, especially if the recipe calls for it.
- Don’t leave the pressure to release for too longer as the pasta will keep cooking.
For this recipe, we used gluten-free penne made with brown rice and corn flour.